One of my earliest memories was playing with my cousin’s makeup. I would hide in the bathroom and paint my face and put on layers of mascara and inevitably get in a lot of trouble. As a small child, I can remember being in tow when all of the females would make the visit to the Merrill Norman salon. I would watch in envy while their faces where painted in some hot pink mask. I have no idea what that pink stuff did, but I wanted my face covered in it.

As I progressed to a teenager, with a heavy hand on the eye shadow, my cousin took me to the department store for my first makeover. I have been hooked ever since! I literally cannot pass a makeup counter without trying or buying something. My two biggest obsessions are the longest lasting lipstick and the mascara which will give me long thick lashes. Skin care and anti-frizz hair products follow closely after.

I am a sucker for fancy packaging and the newest, best and so-called promised product that will turn me into one of the glamorous beauties in the latest fashion magazine. Unfortunately for me, most products don’t live up to the hype promised by the advertisement.

Therefore, I’ve decided, along with the help of some of my not so obsessive friends and family to post products that we tried so you can decide if you want to spend your money!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Korean Argan Oil Silk Hair Mask Pack

I have read a lot of reviews regarding products used and produced in Korea so I decided to order some and try them out.  I purchased a variety of different brands which included: a lip balm, a facial cleanser, a facial toner, a blemish free moisturizer and the hair mask – all for under $50 shipped on Amazon.com.

My Skinfood Argan Oil Silk Hair Mask Pack arrived the other day.  The advertisement promoted: A hair mask with argan oil and silk that transforms dry, damaged hair into healthy, shiny tresses. Argan oil nourishes hair and increases the moisture content.  18 amino acids, proteins, and peptides in silk replenish lost nutrients. Unfortunately the directions listed in English were very vague, and the rest where in Korean, so I had to google product use.

The tube of 7 ounces/200g was only $14.80 with free shipping (2-3 weeks because I wasn’t aware of US website).

Basically it is a deep conditioner that is applied after shampooing and left on for 5 minutes.  The product is very thick and creamy without a strong smell and with my shoulder length hair I only need a quarters worth.  I worked it through my hair, let it sit until finishing my shower and rinsed.  Did the usual blow dry and a sweep with the Instyler.  My hair is so shiny and frizz free.  I’ve used it three times and results are always the same. 

I am giving my girlfriend who has very processed hair a weeks’ worth to sample.  Will see how her hair turns out.

Skinfood offers a wide variety of products and I look forward to trying some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment